This recipe is for a simple, colorful salad of mixed greens, crunchy carrots, tart apples, and pickled beets that harmonizes well with everyday or holiday meals and adds little hands-on prep time. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Mixed Greens Salad with Apples, Carrots, and Pickled Beets
- 6 –8 oz mixed baby greens
- 3 medium carrots sliced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples thinly sliced
- 1 8 oz jar pickled or fermented beets, well drained
- extra-virgin olive oil as desired
- balsamic or red wine vinegar to taste
Combine the greens, carrots, apples, and beets in a serving bowl.
Dress with olive oil and vinegar as desired, toss well, and serve.