This recipe makes an Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Vanilla Cake that tastes great served with your favorite frosting, all-fruit preserves, or even sliced fruit. Contributed by Kim Lutz, from Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen- & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes ? (Sterling, ?2011).
Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Vanilla Cake
Makes one 8- or 9-inch cake (8 pieces)
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup rice milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine canola oil, rice milk, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry. Stir apple cider vinegar into batter. Pour batter into oiled cake pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Explore more of VegKitchen's Easy Vegan Cakes and Pies .
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
This post was originally published on 20 September 2011.